Associate Financial Advisor
Associate financial advisor working under the supervision of a financial advisor /CFP®. This person would be responsible to manage a subset of the firm’s assets in order that the overall firm may work more efficiently and support the financial advisors in the firm with financial planning, insurance planning, and client development.
Associate Financial Advisor Responsibilities in detail
Part of a dynamic team responsible for various tasks including preparing financial plans, generating performance reports and attending client meetings. This position provides broad experience and we are committed to fostering professional development opportunities for our team members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Actively engage with clients by preparing for and attending client meetings as part of the Wealth Advisory Group. This includes generating performance reports and assisting lead advisors with the presentations of financial and estate plans.
- Work closely with the Operations team and custodian on new account openings and servicing existing client accounts. Facilitate client distribution requests, wire instructions, etc.
- Gather and enter client data in our financial planning software. Have a basic understanding of tax laws as it relates to individual income taxes, cost basis accounting and estate/gift taxes.
- Work closely with the firm’s Investment Strategy Group to understand our recommended investment strategies implemented in client portfolios.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, while speaking with clients on a regular basis to assist with requests and answer questions. Display discretion and professionalism during all client interactions.
- Ability to work in an environment where “no task is too small”, regardless of position.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn, and have a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably CFP Board-Registered Financial Planning Program, Finance or Accounting degree.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a financial services firm. Experience might include preparing financial plans, understanding investments, and completing client account paperwork.
- A recent college graduate will also be considered (minimum GPA 3.0). Candidate should have or be pursuing the CFP® certification, be in the process of completing the CFP Board educational requirements, or be willing to obtain the certification.
- Series 7/66 license or equivalent required, or working toward this license within 6 months of hire.
This position offers the possibility of transitioning to Financial Advisor status