R. E. Lee Companies Inc
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
We are looking for a proactive and positive individual with self-initiative interested in being part of a great team. Every member of our family of companies contributes to our mission – supporting our client’s vision by constructing buildings that enhance our community. Our team members are Pioneering. Honorable. Professional. You will experience a forward-looking Safety for Life culture which recognizes the whole person and supports your success.
In your role as Safety Assistant, you support the R. E. Lee Companies (REL) Safety Manager by assisting with all aspects of the REL Safety Program so we continuously build and improve our Safety for Life culture. With the guidance of the Safety Manager you put together new project safety packages, deliver safety training, assist with job site safety inspections, procure safety equipment and supply quotes, and ensure all safety documentation is current including the safety training database. You will also assist with translating written materials into Spanish and with verbal translation at safety meetings and events. We offer a very competitive benefits package.
Qualified Candidates Will Demonstrate:
- Technology Skills: Strong basic computer skills – familiarity with basic computer devices (phone and tablets), Microsoft Office; willing to learn new technologies, including Procore.
- Learning Orientation: Willingness to pursue new training opportunities and to share knowledge with team members.
- Teamwork: Coordinates with others to meet overall project objectives and support company goals, and to ensure a high-quality experience for our client.
- Effective and Respectful Communication: Strong and consistent communication skills – both verbal and written, including emotional awareness, active listening, respectful language, constructive feedback, and collaborative problem solving practiced with all internal and external team members. Comfortable and effective with public speaking.
- Highest Standards of Work Quality: Ability to consistently produce work meeting required standards and that is comprehensive in scope, complete in detail, and presented in a professional and understandable format.
- Planning and Problem Solving: Ability to plan for both long and short-range objectives, set priorities and develop effective schedules to meet deadlines. Ability to define problem areas, evaluate facts and arrive at sound decisions.
- Self-Initiative: Readiness to initiate and proactively follow through on ideas or processes which contribute to improved job performance and team/company success; includes managing one’s own time.
- Professional Attitude: Ability to maintain a positive attitude, professional demeanor and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Safety Focus: Demonstrates a proactive attitude towards safety in the workplace, knowledge of safety programs and regulations and shares safety knowledge with others. Belief that the safety and health of all employees is not just about compliance but about ensuring that everyone makes it home safely every day.
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in commercial construction
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) required
- Excellent driving record; Virginia Driver’s License
- Willing to take drug test
- Ability to meet physical demands:
- Climb ladders and 5 floors of stairs
- Bend, kneel, crawl and maneuver in and around all kinds of equipment
- Move around jobsites during all phases of construction
- Lift a minimum of 75 pounds to waist height
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, able to grasp and assemble objects
To apply, submit your resume and/or our application to email@example.com.