The Senior accountant position is responsible for accurate and timely financial records for the internal organization and external clients.
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards difined within the department.
- Works with the Controller on appropiate fiscal strategies for the orginization.
- Records journal entries and closes month accounting books.
- Reviews records of accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Creates forms, policy manuals and processes for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- GAAP Accounting
- Financial Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
The senior accountant has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for those in the Accountant II role.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 9:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m. and must work 40.0 hours each week to maintain full time status.
Limited travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience plus five years of accounting experience.
Experience with and Knowledge in the following:
- Incurred Cost Submissions
- Goverment and Commmercial Accounting
- Multi-Accounting Systmes (Quickbooks, Deltek, Unanet, Procas, etc.)
- Financial Reporting/General Ledger Entries and Control
- Analytical Abilities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.